Sunday, July 9, 2017

Pion Design - Happily Ever After

Hello Everyone!

Today I'm sharing a card featuring Pion Design collections "Patchwork of Life", "Theodore & Bella" and "The Songbird's Secret". These papers are soft and romantic, and would work for an engagement, anniversary or wedding.

I apologize for the photos, they are dark and the colours are off. I must have forgotten to change a setting because they don't do the papers justice at all.





click on any thumbnail to view the entire Pion collection:

    

Pion products:

Patchwork of Life - Family Quilt PD9212
Theodore & Bella - Sweet Dreams PD8612
The Songbird's Secret - Apple Blossoms PD8409
The Songbird's Secret - Borders PD8410
Vintage Wedding - Borders (discontinued)


The butterfly die is Spellbinders Cascading Butterflies, the frame and the leaf flourish are from Joy Crafts, and the filigree leaves are from Prima.






***
Today I thought I would share some photos from the Twin Valley Zoo trip we took at the end of May. It's a small zoo, which I thoroughly enjoyed because it felt so private and personal. Don't let the small size fool you though, there was a wonderful variety of animals there, even ones the Toronto Zoo doesn't have! We will definitely visit this place again!!

I have a thing about eyes, and the eyes on this Demoiselle Crane had me completely hypnotized! What an amazing bird! 


I absolutely love the amazing shimmer on a Peacock's feathers! I could watch these beautiful birds strut around all day!


"Hey lady, you think you're annoyed... I have a big piece of dead grass between my eyes and no way to get it off with these stupid short legs! 
~Mr Capybara~


These little guys were the main reason we decided to check out this little Brantford attraction. Baby Ring-tailed Lemurs!! Cuteness overload!! I mean seriously, don't you just want to take one home!! This species is at risk of going extinct in the wild, so this was a once in a lifetime experience! WOW!!


When a rabbit and a kangaroo have a baby! Patagonian Mara. Blam! So freaking cute!


I would like everyone to meet Taylor. She is a baby Starling who has decided that I am a person she can trust. She sits on the chair beside me, eats out of my hand and hangs around in the tree staying cool on hot days. I've never made friends with a baby bird before, what a thrill!!


"What do you mean say something funny? I'm kind of busy being adorable here. I don't have time to be a comedian too!" 
~Rusty~


"My Mom warned me about that camera thing. You really DO always have it pointed at me while I'm eating! 
~Baby Kay~


"So I sit up here and eat my cookie, and you'll stay down there and take my picture? Fun game! Let's play again!" 
~Baby Mickey~


Back in April, my best bud Crazy Karen showed up with some pretty bad injuries on her back, the back of her head and her front leg. She was scared of me, she wouldn't eat out of my hand or even come down off the roof.

I threw food to her, but she losing weight rapidly and I was so scared for her. Nursing 3 little ones, fighting off infection and still trying to forage for food, it was becoming too much for her. Then 3 weeks ago, she disappeared and I feared the worst.

Three days ago she showed up looking all shiny and new! She was hesitant, but I sat on the patio floor with her and just talked to her while she ate. Yesterday she ate from my hand, and today I was able to gently pet her arm for the first time in months.

Oh how I missed her smile and gentle nature. I love you sweet girl. ❤️❤️


That's it for today. Thank you for stopping in and for all the amazing comments. If you have any questions or interesting tidbits about today's wildlife, please let me know.


26 comments:

  1. Hi Pamellia

    Hope you are well and enjoying life.

    Love the very delicate and pretty card with the wonderful layers.

    Far too much cuteness in the photographs today and the lemurs take the cutest prize for sure.

    Have a great day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely stunning, I love the way you layer up and those soft tones are truly wonderful. I think your photograph is superb, you always showcase your designs beautifully.

    As for the animals, they are always a delight to see, the Lemurs are indeed cuteness overload! For me though, Crazy Karen wins the day, it must be such a relief for you to see her well again and so trusting of you.... it warms the heart! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and gorgeous photos. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Pamellia, and if you had not said anything, we would not know the colours are 'off' - they look great to me!
    What a fabulous wee Zoo, and your photos are wonderful. I too love the peacocks.
    I had a baby starling in my box on the back lawn last spring, and we would 'talk' as I hung out the washing. When it fledged, I was able to get close to it that morning, but then it left the area - I really missed having it there.
    So glad to hear Karen showed up again all fit and finally settled enough to get close to you again.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and beautiful papers-colours look fine to me and fabulous feminine layers and embellishments-I think your beautiful cards are in danger of being overshadowed by your nature pics though-they are brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad crazy Karen has returned to the fold and how lucky are you to feed the baby bird? Your photos have made my day x Gorgeous and amazing card, as always, great layering, texture and papers x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Pamellia, what a fabulous post, well they always are of course but this one is extra special as your beloved little Crazy Karen is all good again, what a relief for you, I am so pleased that she came back. The photos are amazing and I love the baby starling.
    As for your card, well it's stunning, I love the soft shades of colour and all the gorgeous detail, so much to look at, have a super day, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many lovely details to admire in this beautiful card Pamellia. Stunning papers, soft delicate colours and the embellishments are gorgeous.
    Such a pleasure to spend a few minutes to enjoy your wonderful wildlife photos, how amazing to have a baby bird eat out of your hand! Such happy news about Karen too, you must be so relieved.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Pamellia! I so adore your cards! I wish I could reach in to see the details in person--absolutely beautiful! Your photos are so captivating. The animals are so precious. Do you frame any of your photos? They would make a lovely coffee table book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, what a stunning card, Pamellia!! I don't notice a thing wrong with the lighting...the papers look so gorgeous and you've showcased them perfectly, as always!! I love the layers...I always find something tucked away when I study the pics!! The details are amazing!! Wow!! I love, love it, my friend!! You are such an inspiration!!

    Oh my gosh, all of your photos from the zoo are amazing but the peacock with his gorgeous blue head and the feathers in the background...it's so artistic!! It looks like a painting!! You definitely need to enter that somewhere!! And I love how you capture eyes!! The lemurs...so precious!! I want one!! Rusty's red paws make me smile!! How fun to have the baby starling eat from your hand!! I'd have been scared of that beak ;) And I'm so glad Crazy Karen is back!! I hope you are enjoying the summer, my sweet friend! Thinking of you and sending lots of big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, so you say the pics don't do the papers justice, well, I can still see your fabulous composition. As ever your cards are a work of art. Looks like you had a great time at the zoo. How wonderful that you have a new feathered friend. I'm beyond happy for you both that Crazy Karen has made such a brilliant recovery and is trusting you again. Have a wonderful feathered and furry week x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the pics are wonderful, even if you dont.
    I have candy on my blog and Facebook Page, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card full of lush detail and design as always Pamellia and to see Karen eating from your hand and to know she is okay is just wonderful..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dear Pamellia,your card still looks awesome to me. How amazing that crazy Karen came back from the dead. Bless her she looks fit. I'm glad you got a day out at the zoo, awesome photos. Take care and sending you hugs and my very best wishes as always, I think about you lots xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Pamellia, lovel these stunning delicate colours and fabulous layout.
    Amazing photo`s you have shared of these wonderful animals, glad Karen is coming round to you again.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! This is one goooorgeouuuus card Pamellia! Love all the layers and that stunning frame to accompany all the pretty blooms and a breathtaking bow! Stunning work my dear!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Your card is absolutely stunning! So much beautiful detail Pamellia! Thanks for sharing more remarkable photos too! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another beautiful card, Pamellia!! Your use of such delicate items to make something so gorgeous is truly amazing! Oh my, cuteness overload! Stunning pics of the zoo animals today. And the baby squirrels are just so.... so...huggable! P.s. Loved your card and animal pics on your last post too. I wasn't able to type a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is a joy to behold, such wonderful work such gorgeous details an AH! moment when seeing it. Your photos are more and more like a wild life photographer, so VERY beautiful and interesting. Good to hear about a "good" zoo.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such gorgeous layers! Love the addition of the mint green! Great photos - LOVE Lemurs! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous!
    and love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes... Very romantic... Beautifully done and so perfect! And those photos are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, poor Crazy Karen, sounds like she has really been through the wars but she is looking very good now.

    Stunning card, and so romantic. I love the green highlights, not many people would think to use green in a wedding card but it works so well. You have included lots of gorgeous lace and some really pretty embellishments. Fab-u-lous!

    I love the photos from your zoo trip, they are so clear and you can see all of the detail, especially the peacock and the crane. And just how cute are the ring tails, those babies are adorable.

    Dionne xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Pamellia
    Well, if the colours are off, that's ok by me as its still a stunner.
    Love the feathered and furry shots.
    So glad Karen seems to have recovered.
    You take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Skeleton leaves! My fave! Happy happy joy joy Karen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another stunner again Pamellia. Gorgeous soft pastels in pretty shades, with lovely embellishments .
    Fab pics. I don't seem to be getting your blogin through when you publish at first.
    Sorry for the late comments
    Best wishes
    Jules xx

    ReplyDelete